I accidentally made up this recipe yesterday with things I had in my pantry. It was too cold and rainy to go to the store or anywhere! I threw some ingredients into my Vitamix and the outcome was soooo good, that I had to share! These no bake energy bites are also so addicting, so watch out! It was hard for me to even take photos of them because I couldn’t wait to eat them. I’ll definitely be making more this week! I used collagen which isn’t like me, but I was given a container of it, so I like to put it to use. In general, I’m not a huge fan of eating animals. I don’t never eat animals, but it’s definitely not something I do all the time. Anyway, they taste amazing by themselves or also rolled in different powders which I did here. It changes the flavor a little bit with the powders, so it depends on what you want but they are still sooo delicious! I was a huge fan of the turmeric and I really liked the bitterness of the matcha and rose. Now that I think of it, I should’ve rolled some in Ceylon cinnamon because that complimented all of the flavors so well (it’s inside the recipe). If you haven’t tried Ceylon cinnamon it’s a lot more light than the cinnamon that’s most commonly bought (I really don’t know what it’s called). It has something antique-y about it. Maybe that sounds gross, but it’s really not. It’s such a beautiful flavor and much lighter and mysterious.Print
No Bake Energy Bites
Sweet, colorful bites packed with protein, energy, and antioxidants. Gluten-free, dairy-free + vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 15 bites (approx) 1x
- 10 medjool dates (pitted + chopped)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can be generous)
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 scoop collagen (optional)
- powder of choice for rolling – matcha, beet powder, turmeric, rose powder, cinnamon, etc.
- Pit and chop the dates into smaller pieces.
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender (minus the rolling ingredients) until it becomes easy to shape with your hands.
- Take the energy bite batter and roll into balls.
- Put optional powders into a bowl and roll the ball in powder until covered.
I used the fattest + stickiest dates. If you’re using dryer dates, you can soak them in water for a bit, but I recommend the stickier ones if possible.
Cinnamon + turmeric are amazing powders to combine together. Crack some pepper into the turmeric to get all of the benefits.
Keywords: No Bake Energy Bites, Snacks, Blender Recipe, Easy Recipe
If you like the no bake energy bites, you might like the matcha men 😉