With the weather getting warmer, I find myself craving fresher foods. The spicy herb salad absolutely beautiful and amazing as a side or a light meal. It’s amazing alongside fresh fish – I love it eat it with salmon. The crunchiness and spiciness of the radish and arugula is amplified even more with the crushed red pepper in the dressing. The different herbs mixed together add an interesting layer to the flavors and it makes me feel like I’m outside in a garden splitting open leaves and inhaling the fragrance.
This salad is also a nice meal to meditate on. When you close your eyes, you can connect to nature by envisioning a garden with fresh herbs. It’s beautiful to eat this meal (and any meal) by staying present, appreciating the colors, and taking note of interesting or even nostalgic scents.
Here are some question prompts while experiencing the spicy herb salad:
If I was standing in a garden what would it look like and feel like? What would I notice first? Think about the five senses.
How does thinking about the food experience off the plate influence my food experience on the plate?
Haha, yes I am very deep. Being connected to my food helps me enjoy it, appreciate it, and it also makes me love my body.
What you will need for the Spicy Herb Salad:
- hemp seeds
- apple cider vinegar
I didn’t have any flowers to put in this salad, but it would be gorgeous with them! ; )Print
Spicy Herb Salad
fresh, spicy, herby, walk through the garden kind of salad. gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- handfuls of arugula
- hemp seeds
- handful of cilantro and dill (equal parts)
- mint leaves (1/4 the amount of cilantro and dill)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced into sticks
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- wash the greens and chop the salad ingredients. rip apart the herb leaves to bring out more fragrance. put all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- mix the salad dressing ingredients into a separate bowl. pour into the salad ingredients bowl. put your hands into the bowl and toss the ingredients lightly to mix and cover with dressing. then serve onto a plate : )
Flowers would be beautiful with this and also a little bit of lemon zest could be nice too : )
Keywords: salad recipe, salad, spicy, spicy herb salad, avocado, tahini, radish.
If you liked the spicy herb salad, you may like my herby sauce: the plant sauce : )