The Heartbeet Salad is pink, cheesy, and beetiful. It also has a hint of spiciness from the cumin and crushed red pepper. I love the combination of earthy, citrusy, bitter, and spicy cheesy flavors. The key is to mix the pink cheese in with the greens with your hands so it’s thoroughly covered and then for the finishing touch I add another dollop on the top. This salad sparks so much joy because it’s a beetiful pink. Anyways, here’s the recipe for the Heartbeet Salad 🥰Print
The Heartbeet Salad
pink, cheesy, and green. vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45
- 2 beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- handful of arugula
- handful of baby spinach and pea shoots
- handful of beet greens (if you have them)
- handful of micro greens
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- cumin and garlic powder (for quinoa)
- olive oil, s + p (for quinoa)
- sunflower seeds
- crushed red pepper
- lemon zest
- prepare pine nuts from the pink cheese recipe.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. wash beets and cut off the greens and tails from them. dry them and loosely wrap each beet in tin foil. put on a baking tray and let them cook for 30 minutes.
- prepare the quinoa by washing it in a strainer and then put into a pot with 1/2 cup of water, a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, and s + p. bring it to a boil and then once it’s boiling lower to a simmer and cover for about 12 minutes.
- while that’s cooking, start making the pink cheese.
- check the quinoa and set it aside. slice the avocados and get the greens, sunflower seeds, and the rest of the salad contents into a large bowl. zest the lemon with a microplane. add the pink cheese.
- check for the beets. when they are ready take them out of the foil (carefully it may be hot). rub the beets with a papertowel to remove the skins. then slice the beets and add to the bowl (and 2 slices to the cheeze).
- mix the salad ingredients with your hands in a large bowl.
If you don’t have the exact greens I used, it’s fine. It’s also very good with just arugula.
Keywords: beet salad, salad, salad recipe, the heartbeet, the heartbeet salad, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan.
Be sure to watch my video. I had a lot of fun making it and want to make more pink recipes soon. 🥰 If you liked this recipe, try the Warm Delicata Salad. ❤️