I love creamy, cheesy, sagey pasta sauces but they usually end up upsetting my stomach because of dairy. Dairy-free pasta sauce isn’t easy to come by so I made this delicious recipe: vegan sage pasta sauce. There’s something very cozy about it with the warm and herby flavors. It’s incredibly easy to make and you just need to throw the ingredients into the pan (and the blender is optional). I love to eat this sauce with gluten-free fusilli pasta. I’ve also put it on salads and any roasted veggies. You really can’t go wrong!Print
Vegan Sage Pasta Sauce
creamy, cheesy, sagey dairy-free, gluten-free + vegan pasta sauce. best served warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 1 bowl 1x
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- a dash of sea salt
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 handful of sage leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade or rough chop)
- 1/4–1/2 cup of rice milk
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 small spoon of tahini
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast
- heat up the olive oil in the pan with the minced garlic and the chopped sage to medium low heat. cook for a minute or two.
- add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and stir until emulsified.
- option to blend, then pour onto pasta or whatever dish you like!
sauté the sage and garlic until fragrant. the lemon squeeze will help emulsify the tahini into the sauce. you can use more than 1/4 cup of rice milk but don’t use any less. it won’t change the flavor much, just the consistency. it thickens as you keep it over the heat. once the sage and garlic is cooked alone, bring down the heat to low.
Keywords: vegan sage pasta sauce, sage sauce, vegan sauce, vegan pasta sauce
If you like the vegan sage pasta sauce, try the warm Delicata Salad.