The warm delicata salad is everything I need for the summer to fall change. It’s full of fresh flavors from the arugula and the microgreens but also has the roasted, warmer, more comforting feeling from the Brussels and delicata. I love capturing change in what I eat. I think that when I eat this way, it helps me move through changes happening in life. I chose the cranberry juice in the dressing because it’s kind of like a hint that Christmas time is coming (if you celebrate that) because it all happens so fast-summer to fall to December. You can either make the pesto or just get some from the store. I used this pesto. Anyways, if you would like to try my super symbolic salad here’s the recipe…🥰Print
Warm Delicata Salad
amazing summer to fall salad. roasted and fresh. comforting. gluten-free. dairy-free. vegan. plant-based.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- a handful of arugula
- pumpkin seeds
- delicata squash, roasted in rosemary, olive oil, s + p
- brussels, roasted in nutritional yeast, olive oil, s + p
- pesto of choice
- one heaping big spoon of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of cranberry juice
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. chop the delicata squash by cutting off the top and bottom and then cutting that in half. scoop out the seeds with a spoon. cut each half into another half and cut into thin pieces. mix in a bowl with rosemary, olive oil, and salt and pepper. spread out onto parchment paper.
- cut the Brussels by cutting off the bottom and then cutting them into halves. mix in a bowl with olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper. add onto the parchment and spread them out next to the delicata. roast for 30 minutes.
- put a handful of arugula into a bowl with microgreens, pumpkin seeds, pesto, and finally the Brussels and delicata.
- create the easy dressing in a cup by mixing the tahini and cranberry juice with a fork.
- and it’s done! 🥰
Keywords: delicata, delicata squash, Brussels, roasted, salad, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan
After you make the salad, mix it well in the bowl to enjoy it to the fullest. All of these flavors (and the subtle chill in the air) make me love September! If you enjoyed the warm delicata salad, try the cruciferous crust for another plant-based recipe 🥰