My creamy almond milk recipe has been my favorite because it’s versatile and it’s so satisfying to drink even by itself. It goes great in smoothies, lattes, baking, and so much more. It’s also beautiful. I love the process of making it because it’s like meditation to me (see my rose milk poem). I felt compelled to share the recipe this morning, because honestly I haven’t been feeling so well and I know that we are all really going through it in one way or another. This was my form of self-care this morning. I woke up with this really heavy feeling in my chest and stomach. It sucks to eat food when you’re sad (at least for me), so I like this because it’s light but will give me enough calories. Loss is a weird thing. Whether it be a break up or a death (or anything that triggers you), sometimes things just hit you at the most random times. Life is freaking hard, so whether it’s almond milk or something else do something kind for yourself today. You’re doing the best you can in this moment and that’s enough.Print
Creamy Almond Milk
Rich creamy milked almonds. Refreshingly cold, filling, gluten-free, dairy-free + vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- 2 cups almonds
- 5 cups water
- 1 small pour maple
- 1 dash sea salt
- Put two cups of almonds into a pot and add water just to cover.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring the almonds to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and strain the almonds.
- Add strained almonds to the blender.
- Add the 5 cups of water, maple, and sea salt.
- Blend slowly and then on high (the idea is to stop seeing the giant almond chunks blending by).
- Get a large bowl and place the nut milk bag inside the bowl with an opening to pour the blended ingredients (if you don’t have a nut milk bag, cheese cloth works).
- Once the ingredients are blended thoroughly, pour them into the nut milk bag.
- Secure the top of the nut milk bag with your hands and squeeze and twist from the top to the bottom.
- Once all of the liquid is into the bowl, you can save the almond meal for other recipes.
If you want another calming drink recipe try my Immunity-Boosting Smoothie. ❤️ What little things help make your day just a little better?