I don’t consider myself to be a matcha expert or anything like that, but I’m obsessed with the taste and I have to drink it every morning. I first learned about matcha when I lived in Japan in 2014. I remember the first sip I took of it and my eyes widened. It just had such an addicting taste and I felt like I had been missing out on so much but was also happy I could make up for lost time. It’s so rich, healing, and amazing. Since I make myself a matcha latte every morning, I’ve experimented with different ways of making it. Lately I’ve started drinking a matcha flower latte.
I sometimes add rose water into my lattes, but this time I experimented with dried violets and rose petals. The result is amazing and it kind of gives me that refreshed feeling I get when I’m up in the mountains and get a random whiff of a strong, sweet floral smell. Do you know what I mean? I never really know what flower it is exactly, but I live for that smell.
I got my violets and roses from a shop on etsy: DG Store UK and Cassia Organics If you don’t have rose or violet petals, I think it could be really cool to experiment with different teas for this recipe. There are so many different ways to make matcha interesting (even though it’s amazing standing alone too).Print
Matcha Flower Latte
rich, sweet, floral, energizing matcha latte.
- 2 scoops of matcha
- hot water (can fill 3/4 of your mug)
- dairy free milk of choice (to top it off)
- edible flowers of choice or tea
- get a small bowl and a tea strainer above it. add the scoops of matcha into it until the powder comes out finely. (if you don’t have this, do not worry. it helps get out clumps but also not a huge deal).
- pour water into a pot and bring to a simmer. pour into bowl. put the flowers or tea into a tea ball. let steep and remove. then pour this in the bowl with matcha and whisk with a bamboo whisk (alternatively use a fork, the key to get out clumps and hot water helps this).
- pour the green liquid into the mug. top it off with dairy free milk. add more petals to garnish (optional).
I especially notice that mysterious mountain floral taste with the rose petals!
Keywords: matcha, matcha latte, floral, flower latte, caffeine, drink, sip
If you like the matcha flower latte, try vegan matcha pancakes ❤️