The Heartbeet Latte is the pinkest and dreamiest latte. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your caffeine than this latte is for you. I don’t use any coffee in this recipe. It’s purely for the taste of the beet complimented by spices, sweet, and foam. I used my smeg standing milk frother to make this recipe. My creamy almond milk froths very well in this and it’s what I used for this recipe. Even if you don’t have a frother, when you blend my creamy almond milk on high it gets a bit of a foamy texture.
The spices I used in the Heartbeet latte go with the earthiness of the beet. I used less cardamom than the ginger and cinnamon because I think that a little bit goes a long way. I’m still working on my latte art skills, but I figured out that you should tilt the mug and the pouring and pour the almond milk in a circular motion (tracing the outside of the mug) and then pause and begin to pour in the middle where you will get more of the white color. Even if you don’t get it, it’s still so yummy! I hope you enjoy : )Print
The Heartbeet Latte
creamy, dreamy, frothy, and caffeine-free pink drink. gluten-free, dairy-free + vegan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup of pink 1x
- 1 teaspoon of beet powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 to 1 cup of creamy almond milk (or barista), frothed
- add all of the powders to a liquid measurer. whisk the powder with a bamboo whisk to get out clumps (or strain them). pour 1/2 cup of hot water into the liquid measurer. whisk again until clumps are gone.
- pour 1/2 cup of creamy almond milk into a standing frother. choose the regular froth hot setting. pour beet mixture into a mug and then pour the frothed almond milk into the mug in a circular motion. stop and then pour the rest into the middle.
- enjoy : )
I strongly recommend this with my creamy almond milk, but use any milk you prefer. Check to see if it can froth easily. Almond milk and soy milk froth well in my experience.
Keywords: the heartbeet latte, pink latte, latte, beets, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan.
If you liked the heartbeet latte, be sure to try the matcha flower latte : )